In the cold, winter months, I rely on my slow cooker almost daily. I find slow cooker recipes are easy to make, require less dishes and there’s something about moist, saucy dishes that make them feel like comfort food. I also try to make different recipes other than your typical stew or soup and Chicken Marsala is one of them!
This stuff is so good and it’s incredibly easy. You just need a few minutes of prep so it’s a great option even in the morning before heading out. Also, the creamy sauce is amazing and my kids loved it. Good sauce gets them every time.
I would recommend not substituting anything for the marsala wine. The wine is what makes the dish. You can find this wine at a liquor store in the specialty wine or Italian wine sections.
I served this dish with egg noodles because they are easy for Copeland to grab with his hands but you could also serve with mashed or roasted potatoes.
- 4-6 boneless chicken breasts
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup marsala wine
- ½ cup water or milk
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- pinch of salt and pepper
- fresh parsley, chopped
- Grease the inside of the slow cooker with nonstick spray.
- Place chicken at the bottom of the slow cooker and season with salt and pepper.
- Top chicken with garlic, sliced mushrooms and marsala wine.
- Cover and cook for 5-6 hours on low or 2-3 on high.
- Take chicken out of slow cooker and place on a plate. Cover with foil. Whisk together water/milk and cornstarch until dissolved. Pour into slow cooker and stir. Cook on high for 15 minutes until sauce thickens.
- Add chicken back to slow cooker and re-heat for 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle with fresh parsley and serve.