I love this recipe for lots of reasons. I love waking up in the morning to a cinnamon and apple smell. It’s super easy and I can whip it up in a few minutes after the kids go to bed. I don’t have to get breakfast ready in the morning and there are tonnes of leftovers. Plus, it’s very filling AND it’s super yummy.
It’s so good Matt was eating it as a dessert in the morning…and had to put whipped cream on it. I passed on the whipped cream and opted for a healthier version, vanilla yogurt but I also like it with milk and a sprinkle of cinnamon on top.
This is how easy it is:
-Add sliced apples
-Cover with rolled oats.
-Sprinkle with brown sugar and cinnamon
-Add just enough water and a bit of apple juice (optional) until you see it in the crockpot
-Add blueberries on top (optional).
-Cook on low for 8 hours.
That’s it. Super easy and super yummy – my motto 🙂
- 4 peeled and sliced gala apples
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- 1-2 tsp cinnamon
- 2-3 cups oatmeal
- 3-4 cups water (optional - with ½ cup apple juice)
- ½ cup blueberries (optional)
- Spray slow cooker with non-stick spray.
- Put sliced apples, brown sugar and cinnamon on bottom of crock pot.
- Place oatmeal overtop of apples.
- Pour water and juice in crock pot until you see the water.
- Do not stir.
- Cook overnight on low for 8 hours.
- Serve with yogurt or milk.